Let’s keep Santa Rosa Fair & Affordable
Our housing crisis is real, and it’s affecting our entire community. After months of debate, study and community meetings, the Santa Rosa City Council last year approved an ordinance to protect renters from substantial rent increases and unjust evictions as part of a larger plan to address our local housing crisis. But now that ordinance is being challenged by the powerful California Apartment Association.
In the June 6 election, we have the power to keep Santa Rosa Fair & Affordable.
By voting YES, Santa Rosa’s rent control provisions will help:
- Keep our long-time residents in their homes
- Reduce crime by keeping neighborhoods intact and reducing frequent renter turnover
- Boost local schools by enabling consistent student attendance year-round
- Improve public health by avoiding stress and poor health related to repeated moving and rent stress
- Support local businesses which are patronized by longer term residents who have money to spend on goods and services, and not just for rent
Support fair and affordable rents on the June 6 ballot. Together, we can tell powerful special interests that a 1% vacancy rate no longer gives greedy landlords permission to prey on working families.
It's is about basic dignity, stability and community for all of us.